Thursday, April 21, 2016

Over with

The procedure itself went well, the person before me was late, so they took me in early.  They'll call tomorrow, some sorta' inflammation.  Another friend was in the waiting room when I got there, coincidence, I think, but she's someone who's always looked out for me, met her in the early nineties, having the two of them there made me feel safe.  Everyone was kind.  No idea how I got my shoes back on, was still woozy when they discharged me so someone wheeled me to the car, but got into the house alright, promptly fell asleep.  In and out of consciousness with the radio on, hearing that Prince had died.  What a talent.  Much like Bowie, he was always working, never resting on his laurels, ever evolving musically.  RIP.

"Purple Rain" came out when I was in high school.  Still love that album; played him at every school dance, everyone dancing like fools.  The radio has been playing Prince (and related) music all day...so much music.  So good.

They gave me a handout with little (yet very good) photos of my innards, with codes of where they were taken.  I'll know when I know.  No idea what "normal" is supposed to look like.

Got up earlier to go get some coffee to see if it would get rid of the headache, it did temporarily, though it has returned.  Sat out in the sun and wrote.  Quite warm again.  Large fish swimming in the clear, shallow water.  I suppose it's spawning season, but they were just hanging out, carp, I think.  Massive.  People out boating, people sunbathing on the lawn.  Feels like summer.  I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment