Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Weekend

I feel odd.

Here's a picture for the day, magnolias in the Quad, my cherry tree pictures weren't as good, too far away.
Magnolia tree/L. Herlevi 2013
Also, a song. In honor of Billy Bragg playing the Neptune later this week. It's not really a video, mostly just a picture of one of the Oasis guys. But I like this version of the song, the hollowness of the room.  Accident Waiting to Happen. It reminds me of driving across the Franklin Mountains between El Paso and Las Cruces with my aunt and uncle a long time ago. They had found an old Billy Bragg tape somewhere and we played it in the car, because it reminded them of when my sister had visited them in England in the early 90's. I haven't heard his music lately, I used to listen to him a lot in the late 80's and early 90's. I listened to Workers Playtime alot, it had all the "love" songs on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCCnNqyrgmI

Gonna go see if I need a benedryl.

Trying to purge stuff. Got rid of a box, then took two large bags of clothing to a Goodwill drop-off. Walked 40 blocks home. The sun was warm, the air slightly cool, smelling clean of balsa and rockrose. I love late afternoon when the sun begins to slant toward the horizon. My favorite time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment