Thursday, March 21, 2013

night, but not Friday

The flocks of geese across the street call to each other in the dark. Earlier I went to see a photo exhibition and when I got off the bus it had begun to hail. After I left the gallery, I walked 20 minutes in the rain to the library to return an overdue book, in hopes of snow.  It snowed a little, now and again. I barely made it back to rehearsal in time. There were only two sopranos tonight so I was trying to sing loud and practicing air-moving techniques from the voice class.  And though I definitely have more vibrato, and, I think, more volume, my voice itself is shot. I sound like a boy going through puberty when I speak, however, my throat isn't sore. Still, I guess I understand why the ENT doc said not to sing (or shout, or whisper.) I'll take a break again after Easter, but I love the Good Friday music and I really want to sing it. The other choir only has two more concerts until late summer.  Both of those are in April.  And even though the cherry trees are only beginning to bloom, people are showing up to take pictures of and with them, and climbing them, and standing in them while conducting everyday conversations. I love them all year, but they definitely stand a bit taller now.

No comments:

Post a Comment