Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Frost

and cold this morning while I was outside dealing with the garbage. Seems winter ain't going down without a fight. Had to give in and wear the hat again. Beautiful red sunrise.

At lunch I walk in a different direction, wanting to look for cherry or plum trees in bloom. I stop by some magnolias, and as I point my camera skyward, I see two sets of fluttering wings, black against the sky, to my right. Butterflies? Now? After I shoot the picture I look for them, but they are gone. I start to walk away, turn and I see one land in the grass. A chocolate brown butterfly, with small white and small purple spots on the edges of it's wings. It sits unmoving in the grass, and I try to get closer to get a picture because I have a short lens, but I frighten it and it flies up into the branches and lands on an unopened flower, too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment