Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New way of walking

Well, signed up for the class, want to build on what is fresh in my mind (and muscle memory.) I'll be nice to myself, and hopefully the throat will start to heal.

A dude I live with asked me out yesterday. Wasn't really sure if it was a date or not, or just housemates hanging out. For some reason, getting close to (men, romantically) someone scares the crap out of me. I don't know when that started, I wasn't this way in college. He's moving this weekend, and it could've been a friend thing, though he's been oddly protective lately. Not in a creepy kinda' way, but he walked me home last night when he coulda' gone to the bar next door to watch the end of the soccer match (which he wanted to see.) And he keeps wanting to make me tea (because of the coughing.) And while I can take care of myself, it's nice when someone else gives a damn.

Incidently, I came the closest I ever have to nailing the Estonian song this week. We didn't have any tenors at rehearsal, so we really worked parts and we worked them slowly. (I get lazy or tired at the end of the 16th-note runs and have trouble putting the last syllable on. And unlike Handel or Mozart, there are actual words attached to every running note.)

And this is pretty dorky, but I've always walked kinda' odd, not using my full foot motion. Since I took this biomechanics class, I enjoy practicing walking, moving through my entire foot is new and fun for me. I keep finding excuses to get up and walk around the office. (Though I do often hear a male voice shouting out, "feel the ground with your whole foot!" which is amusing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment