Monday, March 25, 2013

Song

Still irritated, trying not to bite my tongue off. Here's a song for the day, again, no meaning for it, I just really like it, and I don't have anything to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDLiVwpv89s

Duran Duran, Ordinary World.

So, I need to get this coughing thing figured out. It's getting worse, and my throat feels swollen now most of the time from it. And, I need to stop singing for a while. Maybe at least until September. I'll sing for this week, and possibly the Finnish concerts, but I need to treat myself with kindness, too. It is my favorite thing to do, and I've never had this throat issue before, and it just never seems to get better. Ironically, I actually sing better now, I think my voice sounds better, vastly.  When I was watching Julius Caesar last night, I was thinking, "I can't shout like that." I want to take an acting class this quarter, because I feel I have some momentum as far as being present and in my body and breathing and ways to get into a character that I didn't have before, but I'm not sure if that would be pushing my health too much. It would help if I knew what was causing this, but I can't see anyone else until I get these medical bills paid down. Stress over money isn't gonna help any. It would be helpful also if the asthma medicine wasn't so expensive, but I don't know how to work around that one, there is no generic. Breaks my heart not to be able to sing, but maybe it just needs more time to heal. When I mentioned kindness, one of those people was talking to me about singing and also of being kind to myself. She said she had missed me singing (I hadn't gone to rehearsals in the past few months) but that I had to take care of myself. There have been a bunch of others too, not just about singing, but a lot of it has been about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment