Monday, March 18, 2013

Film

Finally finished the roll of film in the camera and began to shoot a second. Woke up at 4 am with a wicked headache but didn't bother to get up and take anything for it until 5:30. I always do this, they almost never go away on their own. Still have it, though not unbearably so. We get to sing the very difficult Estonian song in rehearsal tonight. It's energizing and the sopranos always end up in giggles because it is so difficult to sing. There's a long 16th note section near the end that I practiced in a corner in the Chicago airport for a couple of hours, but still can't get in it's entirety when we sing it altogether. We haven't sung it since Finland. I need to put all of my music in a central place (so I can find it when I need it.) I will say that a lot of the music is easier now that I've been studying Finnish, since the pronunciations are easier for me, except for the Estonian song, on that one, not only am I having trouble keeping up matching the words with the rythym, but I found out tonight that I'm probably pronouncing the vowels wrong. We have about a month until we sing it publicly.

No comments:

Post a Comment