Thursday, February 13, 2014

Always something

Crap.  Just found out the owners of our house want to rent out the whole house by May 1.  Possibly, we can all agree to keep the house as a group, but will need to talk about it.  It would be slightly more expensive than it is now, but cheaper than rents around town which seem to be running $700 + utilities for room in a shared house.  Which is crazy, since wages haven't really increased all that much for most people, and you have to share a bathroom and a kitchen.  I can't pay $800 in rent.  And most of my housemates are working at low-wage jobs.  Greed.  Not just landlords, but the housing market in general.  News reports always use it as a barometer of the economy, but if wages haven't gone up, who exactly can afford $500,000 for a two-bedroom fixer upper?  I remember seeing a house right before the crash selling for almost $300,000.  The sellers said it was a deal, it was uninhabitable: it had to be completely rewired, and it was falling apart.  Houses and properties will just be sold off to foreign investors (like a lot of the world, actually) and we won't own the soil in our native land anymore, and will have no say in what's done with it.  It's crazy, but hey, make a quick buck today, screw future generations, and all is good, yeah?  Rant of the day.

Some classmates said they'd help me move if it comes to that.  I'll look around.  Did last exercise tonight, went surprisingly well.  I was nervous I'd prepared it wrong because the heart of it wasn't another person, but rather something I wanted (to open a hostel w/a restaurant attached to it.)  And we were ex-lovers, I had left for a dream job in another city, thinking she'd follow, but she didn't and got on with her life.  I got homesick and missed the kid, so moved back.  My secret was that she had just co-signed a loan for me for the space...not only was it a dream, it was also forgiveness.  Now onto using all this with scene-work.

No mirror work tonight.  Mirror work is one person standing across the room from everyone else, facing them, the group is the mirror to whatever the individual does.  Situations are fed to you, and you become them, and everyone else mirrors you until the end.  The purpose is to break through the masks we all have to survive in the world, and to realize how it felt when you were able to do that.

The moon was gorgeous as it rose. First time I saw it, the Cascades were shrounded in billowing clouds, and it was peaking up above those.  Then I saw it again as I crossed by the fountain at Seattle Center.  I kept asking people if they'd seen it.  As I walked around I want to point it out to everyone who is looking down at the ground or at a phone.  Only Robin said she had. 

The world is a beautiful place.  Look up and notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment