Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snowy Saturday Night

Finally got the snow I was waiting for.  Left the house at 1 pm to make a 2 pm showing of A Great Wilderness playing at the Rep, barely made it.  It was sunny and cold.  Stayed for the talk-back after.  (Had mixed feelings based on comments regarding show prior to seeing it.  Chose this performance because there was a post-play discussion.  Originally was watching it with those criticisms in mind, but then thought about it from the discussion.  It was powerful...I'll probably write more later, because I wrote alot about it earlier in a journal.)  It was the third world premiere this season (Bo-Nita and The Hound of the Baskervilles being the other two.)

Later, I was sitting in Dick's Drive-In waiting for it to be time to go to a movie across the street at SIFF (Seattle International Film Festival) Cinema and writing, and finally walked outside and was surprised that it was snowing.  Didn't seem like it would stick, but by the time the movie was over, it had.  There's 1/2" to 1" at my house already.

The film was the documentary Walking the Camino at 7 pm, which also had a Q&A.  I pretty much just needed it for my soul.  The filmmaker did a wonderful job with capturing emotional experiences, the doubts, the injuries, the community, and the hardships of doing it.  Before the film played she asked how many people had walked it, and then how many wanted to.  Most people raised their hands for the latter.  After the film was over, she asked again, and less hands went up.  It's a tough thing to do, but it was the most meaningful/important decision I've ever made.  (And I miss Spain.)  Taking Meisner this year might be the second.  Both experiences have been that profound and life-changing.

Anyway, no busses came through the tunnel going my way for over an hour-and-a-half.  (I left the theatre just before 9 pm, and didn't catch a bus northbound until 10:47.)  I eventually walked up to the street and caught one.  Someone originally thought it was because the busses needed to chain up, but then said it was because people had abandoned cars or something.  The bus I finally caught didn't seem to have any issues and was on schedule.  My toes were freezing.  Wore the wrong shoes for snow.  Pretty though.
9 pm, Feb 8/L Herlevi 2014


10:20 ish, Feb 8/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment