Thursday, February 20, 2014

More future twists

Just realized my shirt had been on backward for the last two hours and no one said anything.  Good for a laugh on my end at least.  Had some bad news earlier in the day and being in class made me completely forget about it, I'm just completely present.  And the time went by fast, she said we'd get out early, but it's already past 11 pm.

Found out that the ETI (can't recall what that stands for) which is our program's equivalent to the second year of a master's program in acting, will probably be offered next year.  Unclear about the future after that point.  It would be the follow-up to the work we are doing this year, only it'll be a wider recruitment than just us (and there are three years of Meisner students who haven't had a second year of training.)  There will be an application and audition process.  Tempted to apply now, when I thought about it before, it seemed impossible to do without a sugar daddy of some sort to cover rent and everything else.  It's 33 hours/week, which is difficult to work around.  (3x the intensity of what we are doing now, but includes: voice, movement, Alexander Technique, stage combat, Shakespeare, scene work, etc.)  I still don't have any idea of how I would swing it, but this year has worked out, so maybe...I can always decline if I get in and trying to survive without a full-time job seems impossible.  'Cos even if I had some help with tuition, I still need to pay rent, medical, food, etc.  But there aren't a lot of intensive (acting) training programs that want you if you are older.  I'm not old, and I don't feel old, but I'm also not in my 20's.

Need to come up with a letter to my scene partner (because I wrote to him, and we both talk about it.)  And my coach asked I wanted to meet this weekend, but I haven't done enough work on the monologues to meet again, still it was a kick in the pants to start doing more.  I think I will opt to not stay on the audition wait-list, it's only $15 for printing fees, and even if you don't get an audition spot, your resume/head-shot will go into the packets the auditors get (general auditions), but I just don't have time to go in for the head-shot in the near future.  My days are filled with work, volunteering and rehearsing.  I guess I should call and set the appointment...that would be something active.  And look for a new place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment