Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Why not?

Need to: take up more space in all ways.  And figure out how to tap into the emotion.  I had thought I had some, but it all came flooding out after the exercise, and I needed it before I walked in; the set up was certainly strong enough.  I need to give myself permission to be on the stage.  Also, I think I should volunteer to do my mirror exercise Thursday or Sunday, as I really need to get over this self-consciousness when singing in front of people.  It's sorta' ironic how much space I can take up at home and whenever I travel anywhere, and also how much I was singing out last night, but then again, I wasn't singing a solo.  Why am I being so timid?  I have a right to be there, I've been working with the same group for 5 months.  It's not the introversion.  I have a right to exist, to take up space, to be in the room, to be on the stage...and they are giving it to me...what's holding me back from accepting that?  From owning it?

Really enjoy working with my partner.

Monologue.

No comments:

Post a Comment