Friday, February 21, 2014

Happy

Woke up at 5 am to notice my computer was flashing at me, turned it off and fell back asleep.  Had a weird theatre-performance dream, lots of people, the performers mixed in the seats with the audience, and somehow I never had a seat, nor knew where I was supposed to be.  There were people I didn't  recognize, not from our class, performing; I guess we needed extra people?  I wasn't in any of the first part, and kept being told I was in someone else's seat, so kept having to move.  Then I was in the aisle, and my clothing got tangled up with someone else's, a woman, and she looked at a necklace I was wearing, and admired it and said it was for "womb" protection (it was green, and there were flat beads that looked like coiled-up snakes, it was actually a beautiful necklace) I responded, but I can't remember what I said ("I need that" maybe?)  Then it was intermission, and I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to be, and then I was trying to eat this massive thing of ice cream and I couldn't figure out what to do with it, and someone else walked over with a similar thing and then it was funny.  Also, very heavy, there were ornaments attached to it like a Christmas tree.  I was kinda' left out in the dream, and couldn't figure anything out, still, woke up exceptionally happy (and late, it was after 7 am.)

Shit.  And then I'm looking on facebook, and I see a post from my former sister-in-law that my Dad got rushed to the hospital Wednesday night.  I'm glad I saw the post, but I can't get ahold of anyone.  The first time I tried to call, the call went into some weird "number is not responding" place, and then dialed again and finally got the answering machine.  In limbo.

My sister got back to me, he's staying an extra night in the hospital, maybe something not working in the top part of his heart?  Inexplicably, they were going to release him...I guess they botched the tests, so have to re-do them.

Went for a walk during lunch, originally to take pictures of the trees that were in bloom, but decided to go visit the frogs.  Four came over to the glass while I stood by, perhaps it was time for lunch?  Still no word, which I'm hoping is good news.  A friend wrote me to say he thought that particular hospital had the best cardiac unit in the area, so good to know that, too.  Okay, probably not a heart attack though blood pressure is all over the map.

Still, keeping my fingers crossed.  Just about too late to catch a bus up north.  I have to work tonight until 10 pm, but my brother thinks they will send him home later today, so, still waiting to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment