Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday the 13th and all that

Aahhhh, Spain, what happened?

Here: a day of rain and gray, a lucky full moon, a solar flare (or two), communication glitches, a gift card in the mail for something I'd already forgotten about, being randomly handed chocolate by someone who also said they loved me...that's today, thus far.

A rough rehearsal (felt like a lump a lot of the time, though some parts were better, kept upstaging myself, and fight choreography has gone backward for me); made it to the NWNW on time, show was great, again; idiotic, drunk (that would be in her favor) girl in bathroom, just really needed to stop broadcasting everything she thought...but the show was really good (the studio set sold out again all weekend, it's a small space.)  Wayne Bund and Erin Pike were both entertaining and brave in different ways.  The latter reminding me that I have a long way to go, and why the conservatory training would be good.  (I think she does great transitions, and she had many as the words spat out of her mouth. And awesome staging.)  The former telling us things, and both reminding me of a question someone asked at the "Winners and Losers" workshop about how you perform yourself on stage.  (I don't remember the answer.)  Amy O'Neal has an amazing sense of how every muscle of her body moves, which is cool to witness.  The Helena Theatre Company, felt somewhere between an improv and scripted, made some good points about what the NEA should be, but ended in an odd place.  This weekend is more theatre-heavy than last.

Came home, kitchen is a disaster...glad I grabbed something while waiting for the bus.  Everyone must expect they have maid-service...never did see the full moon.  Ten more minutes of this day, then not another full moon on Friday the 13th until 2045, or so I hear.  Hope it was lucky for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment