Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday

So many ways we misinterpret each other's meaning.  So many ways we don't connect.

Almost two pages of rehearsal notes, but we got out early.  Came home and took a nap and then went to the final night of the NWNW showcase; traded the ticket.  Home two hours earlier than last night.  (Theatre Anonymous, Witness for the Prosecution, Agatha Christie.  Really good, but ran 'til after 11:30 pm, and with bus re-routes and all, it was almost 1 am when I got home.)

Overall, show tonight was beautiful.  David Schmader's We Can All See Your Lips Move, was entertaining, and I realize by the title that the lip-syncing part makes sense, but it felt like he got bored of the performance so sent someone else to finish it (who did a good job), but that's what it felt like.  Pep Talk by Hand2Mouth was fun.  The two dance pieces were beautiful to watch, and Molly Sides' voice reminds me of a female Jeff Buckley (I Once Was My Father.)  Three perspectives in one space,  Coleman Pester//Tectonic Marrow Society was the other dance piece, lovely choreography on that.  Again, with both, wonderful body awareness and the effects of varying states of gravitational pull.  (What it made me think of.)

Pouring down rain when I left the house and again when I left the theatre.   Two hours earlier is still late, but I need to do something regarding the notes (and I'm hungry.)  Less than two days now.

Hyvää yötä.

No comments:

Post a Comment