Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Third day

So, file under: things you don't know until you know them...we actually move from our spines, not our limbs. All this time I've been thinking really hard about how my feet touch the ground, how to roll through the foot to feel more grounded, and then tonight I asked to work on walking barefoot, I find out that when I thought my pelvis was tilted back, it was actually tilted forward.  Still, feels odd to arch my lower back that much, but, you know, "eureka!" not only do my feet feel like logs on the ground, I don't need to turn them out as far for balance.  Fascinating.  "Roll through your feet" is not quite the same meaning as "roll from your feet."  I had been hearing and trying to do the latter. (I can still sit cross-legged, too...I know because I keep practicing it.)

It might sound silly to get excited about these things, but they were so uncomfortable before.  And I was always told it was because my legs were different lengths (which they are, but so are a lot of people's, and not by all that much.)  I just always thought that was the way I walked, which is fine, it just isn't very efficient.  It's nice to have a choice.  To realize it's a choice, that everything doesn't have to be the way it always has been.  That we can always change.  That I can change.  That the information I was given before might have been the best they could give (or perhaps they were lazy), but that didn't mean it was correct, and I don't need to continue in a pattern that doesn't work for me just because someone gave me information (a long, long, time ago.)  We don't have to continue on in someone else's truth, we can find our own, and even that can be changed.  Kinda' liberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment