Sunday, April 21, 2013

One down, one to go

I can hear tires on wet pavement, though I haven't bothered to look. Have to leave for rehearsal shortly. Have the massive Scandinavian choral concert at 3 pm, but our call is 1:30 pm. After today, one more rehearsal and one more concert next weekend and that commitment is done until late summer. I love going. I love being part of it, but I need a break, I've taken on too much lately.

Later. Concert was fun. We sat on the side facing the giant windows. I watched the weather change, sunbreaks to dark ominous clouds crossing the hill. The wind blew thru the newly leafed big-leaf maple tree. The branches contracted and constricted together like a lung, like breath. The Norwegian women's choral music had a mysterious quality, it reminded me of old film scores, like old Disney or the Wizard of Oz. In the mass choir's last song (we sang four songs together, then individual choirs, then three more songs together) we got lost at the beginning, eventually recovered, but it didn't quite go like it was rehearsed.  Later, at the bar, someone told the bartender that I was someone they could learn to like. This was based on my choice of beer. If only life were that simple.  Gonna try to make a dinner party now.

Peace

Maybe it really is that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment