Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday

I'm trying to think of something to write a haiku about. Earlier today I saw a girl riding a unicycle up the sidewalk while playing a ukelele (how cool is that?) And then two crows fighting in the middle of the street and a car honked at them. Last night, while sitting in a coffee shop waiting for it to be the time for either a movie or a play to begin (missed the movie, ended up at the play), I remembered years ago, a free, local weekly newspaper that everyone read for the "I saw you's" and personal ads said they were fed up with all the "boys seeking girls" ads that mentioned the following: microbrews, coffee, hiking or being outside, and grunge, or maybe it was just going to indie music shows. They said they would only print them if they wrote their ads as haikus. And people did. Much more interesting. We used to read them all the time (my household), we used to call them up a lot too, to listen to them. (Which, um, is really expensive, or it was.) I dated someone for a few months I met from an ad, not one of the haikus. And I was playing phone tag with someone else, but my household refered to itself by the same name as a half-way house and someone had mentioned that name on our voicemail message, and so I think he freaked out and cancelled at the last minute.  It's kinda' funny. In the spectrum of co-op to straight rooming house, that house definitely leaned toward the co-op. Great landlord, who gave us a lot of autonomy, only raised the rent once-a-year, and fixed things immediately. I lived there for 11 years before deciding I should live somewhere else. Best place I have lived thus far.  I'm rambling again, trying to decide if I should try to mow or not. Grass is tall and damp. Lawnmower is electric. Thunderstorm forecast. (I guess that would be a haiku.)

No comments:

Post a Comment