Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday

The robin outside my window is singing it's morning song, must sing for rain, too: it's now just past noon. Have returned from the manure-moving work party, and now need to get ready for the last Finnish concert until late summer. Last with our director, as well. It's a spring party, Vappu Hippa, so happy and sad occasion. After today, I really need to get my throat healed, still hurts, even though the coughing has subsided considerably in the past couple of weeks. It feels a lot like when you need to cry and all the tension builds up in your throat, but you can't cry, for whatever reason. It doesn't help if I cry, but that's how it feels.

Oh, no. My sweater is not with the rest of my outfit (for the concert.) I hope I can find it! I don't remember seeing it since Finland.  Oh, good, just in the bottom of my closet, wrinkled, but existing in this city.

Well, that's over for now.  I was gonna go out tonight, but I stayed late to help clean the hall (since we were renting it) and I need to do laundry and catch up on my finnish homework anyway. Someone told me he liked my singing, which was nice to hear. I then came home and told my housemate that I appreciated him (because he takes responsibility, so I don't have to.) I think I embarrassed him, but, I rarely say it, and I think I should more often.  I was listening to our Finland CD earlier, and then someone played a slide-show of pictures from the trip at the party today, it made me a little sad not to be going back this summer. The tour was an "all stars aligning" moment in time, se oli ihanaa. I'm grateful that it happened at all, more so that I was able to be a part of it. It'll be good to be here, too.  Can't happen again, but new things will.

No comments:

Post a Comment