Friday, April 26, 2013

Late

The Scorpio moon rises through wisps of clouds, a giant sulfur-yellow disc in the late sky as I walk home from the bus. The street is dark, and I'm trying to walk fast, but I stop to look at it for a moment. Beautiful.  The performance I watched tonight was an interesting story, and an interesting concept, but it lost me in the end. Partially, it was what I could imagine other people's opinions would be, what they say privately vs. publically, and partially it was that this had less time to pull together. It felt like a workshop. I enjoyed the music, and the costumes and the staging. There was some wonderful movement, choreography and great vocalized sound (wordless sound), but I felt it copped out in the end. Still, I like the concept.

And I've read through my assigned play a couple of times now. If it were an actual performance, there would be very little clothing involved. In our scene, my character is wearing something, not sure about my partner, it doesn't say in the script.

No comments:

Post a Comment