Sunday, April 28, 2013

Late now

Didn't feel well when I woke up, so let myself fall back asleep. Woke myself up from a dream that began in a coffee shop turned restaurant/bar, where I was having a discussion with the cool chick across the table about the merits of this place before and after. Apparently, I liked it much better now, better coffee, better hours, serves good food...she went on about how it was better at some previous point, I really couldn't follow, and I started to doubt my own opinion because even though I had lived here, and gone here for years, somehow she stated her opinion with such disdain, I wasn't comfortable with my own. Too cool for school. Then I realized I was late for rehearsal, so I ran to the theatre, and other students/actors? were milling from the lobby to the theatre, so I ran and got my stuff. When I walked in, everyone had divided into groups for what I thought was a warm up. I started to head toward the smaller group, where I knew people, but got waved over to the other. Something about each having a pitch to hold and do something with, and I thought I could fake it 'til I figured it out, even though now there were more than 8 people, and I didn't know my pitch (for an eight tone scale.) So we start, and I can't figure it out, and then suddenly one of the female actors/students, is in a spotlight, done up like a 60's british, pop star and singing flawlessly, a song I've never heard before, completely off book. And I think, "how did I miss all this in 2 minutes?" In way over my head.  (And now it's late. I need to go to library and then meet friends for Smash Putt Golf http://www.smashputt.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment