Friday, March 21, 2014

Circus

Cold out.  Chilled from waiting for the bus, entertained myself by singing a Swedish Christmas song out loud while I waited (there wasn't anyone else at the stop.)  Surprised myself by knowing all of the lyrics.  I'm still cold.

Went to a circus workshop after work tonight, with an Australian performance group called Circa.  It was fun and incredibly generous.  Only 1 1/2 hours, but it was free.  We spent an hour learning some improv "language" in pairs, and then split the group in half and had one group watch as the other one improv'd in the space.  It's the tools they use to put a piece together.  I have a ticket for tomorrow night, excited to see what they do.  Also excited that I have something to share with the clown group I go to, stuff we can learn and practice.  I wasn't sure if I should sign up for the workshop, the invite was ambiguous about how much experience you needed (turned out you didn't need any, just a willingness to participate), but one of the dance professors convinced me to go, in fact, she emailed them...I'm glad I listened to her.  I finally signed up yesterday.  Originally, it was only open to ticket holders, but I think with so many students out of town, they opened it to the general public.  As it was there were only 24 of us, including the performers.

I have a coaching session tomorrow morning, so need to get my monologue memorized, it is mostly, but I want help shaping it, so I need it off book.  It's pretty short, 52 seconds last time we timed it.  It was originally for the general auditions (I had two minutes total to work with), but I didn't end up doing it.  Most auditions seem to use sides (from scripts).  I should work with her on that, too.

No closer on deciding on the living situation.  MaƱana.

Here's a tree picture.
5:30 Light/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment