Saturday, March 1, 2014

No Snow, Yet

As oft repeated, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."  I was thinking that, and then it was the next heading in the book I'm reading.  My disgust over biased reporting grows and grows.  Who can you trust?  Being informed citizens is an important pillar of democracy, and it's hard to be informed when you are being fed someone else's agenda, and we're bombarded from all sides.  Picked up the Beauvoir book today, quite the tome.  Got my haircut this morning, it looks healthier, but more conservative than I like.  I wanted it for headshots...maybe if I wear eye make-up...Stopped in at a wine tasting, got a little tipsy as the pours were generous and there were seven of them (and I hadn't gotten around to eating yet.)  Surprisingly, I liked the Cab-I don't, usually- it was more rounded than what I've had before, but bought a white because I mostly just wanted it to make risotto, and it was less expensive.  A man was visiting from Japan, and somehow I ended up in that party and so they shared this Japanese chocolate with me.  Wonderful.  The most luscious milk-chocolate I've ever tasted.

Finally saw the record-wanting ex again today, it's been since Christmas Eve, but he was in a truck waving at me in an intersection, so not the best time to tell him to come get his records.  I hope I see him again, before I have to move.

The local news station has rain in the forecast, the University weather lists 80% chance of snow, I'll hope for the latter.  It's chilly out.  I'm lazily watching a movie now because it's due tomorrow.  I also have a concert (tomorrow) that I didn't know about until yesterday and I told my scene partner I'd meet him at 4:30 to go over text, since we have to be off-book for class later on.  I guess I'll sing the first half of the concert, I can't stay the whole time, the venue isn't the easiest to get to class from by bus.  I really need to write these things down somewhere.

Been having vivid dreams; they leave me happy.  Then I wake up and imagine the worst case outcome, (would work for class), and then a neutral one.  Then all day, I don't know what I think or feel.  Need to stop driving myself nuts.  Patience.  There's nothing I can do.  Nothing I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment