Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Middle of the week

Woke up (late) from a dream where someone told me they had been wrong about me (poisoned by someone else's words, sounds like a Jane Austen story) and things seemed to be going well and later in the dream, the last I saw of him, he was chasing after my sister arguing with her about what exactly the blood test was...was it the most accurate one (was it a "metabolic panel?" He asked that.  I really did have a blood draw yesterday, but not that one.)  A petty argument, but he cared enough to chase after her.  Sucks.  Just a dream.  Everything finally going in one direction, until it suddenly changes.  (Took notes for Meisner work though, because it's useful, though perhaps only depressing, not quite "life altering.")  Or maybe I just actually need that blood test?  Hmmm.

Was kinda' bummed out when I woke up, though couldn't dwell on it because I was late, and the birds were singing outside, and the sky was light, and I managed to catch the bus in the nick of time, and the sun was rising over the buildings and lighting the cherry trees as I passed through...so, I'm fine again.  A million reasons to let go, but still go back to the neutral set point of yes.  And I will let go eventually, only not today.  And then there is this:

The love you receive will be among your greatest treasures. This is just one more of many reasons why you ought not to waste your time in a relationship that is not reciprocal enough to meet your needs.

(It's from Holiday Mathis, Capricorn.  I like them because they make me think, not because they predict anything.)  And then it's raining again, rain predicted for days.

I didn't upload any pictures last night.  Went to a discussion on art and community and what's working, what's not, what we'd like to see more/less of, etc.  It was a good discussion, a lot of time spent on color-blind casting, and I brought up the building the audience for that, and any work outside of the "norm."  I guess I'll look in the archived message boards for what has been discussed before.  People are starting to look more familiar to me, and several people said they thought I'd been in theatre a while and that I seemed really confident.  I mention that because 1) I don't hear that that much; 2) on my way there I was reading a book about introvert leadership; and 3) aside from the catering and taking classes, well and singing, I've only really been actively involved in anything since January.  Guess it was a good night.  But I fell asleep on the bus on the way home (barely 9 pm) and was too exhausted to do anything but sleep when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment