Monday, March 24, 2014

Quiet

It's so quiet inside, I can hear each flower in the bouquet of daffodils open across the room.  Outside, sunlight and the drone of lawnmowers.  If I open the window, it will smell like summer.  Forecast is for mid-60's today, rain tonight.  When I visit the trees in the morning, the grounds are no worse the wear from the weekend hoards.  Today's crowd is building, quieter, more contemplative, strolling and sitting, and always photographing.  Me, too, but I just like being around the trees, and I suspect that's why others are there as well.  It's peaceful.  Even if there are crowds.

Later, at lunch, the crowds are larger, still, tamer than over the weekend.  The sun comes out a little, I sit in the grass where I can hear people playing music, eating celery and reading Oscar Wilde.

Still more people after 5 pm.  Just keep arriving.  Subdued, but upbeat.

Still struggling with getting out of my own way.

Packed a box, think I got rid of at least 30 things. Crammed the recycling bins and garbage as much as possible...the two that moved out this week didn't actually leave that much, thankfully.  Haven't made any calls.  MaƱana.  Maybe I´ll set a timer and do that for a 1/2 hour.  The enormity of things overwhelm me.  It's like looking at an endless wall.  I went to showcase of works in progress last night, original works (12 Minutes Max/On the Boards), I have a friend in it.  I admire anyone that gets out there and produces something new.  I was talking to the person I was sitting with about that, how it seems overwhelming when you look at the big picture, but that the circus workshop finally gave me an entry point to approach it.  He was saying he went to a week-long clown workshop last summer and in the evening the space was free to go into and create in.  And how that seemed intimidating but the workshop leader gave them prompts to work with and suggested using music as well.  And so he went in and worked with that and came up with the start of something. 

You just got to figure out how to start.

Have a tree picture, or two.  Limited time only.
In the Morning/L Herlevi 2014

Early Evening/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment