Thursday, May 15, 2014

Bad communication day

Been trying to save up for head shots for a while now, and still hope to get a real one, but finally gave in and scheduled a photo session that was on Groupon.  You only get one picture, but I have to have a head shot for the application, and not having one has kept me from auditioning for work I was probably ready to do.

The more I'm awake today, the more stressed out I am.  I want to believe in the inherent goodness in people, but sometimes...that all falls into question.  I need to do a media fast.  Some of the things that come out of people's mouths (and fingers if they are typing it) are unfathomably...horrid.  Is it just because it's online, or are we really that base and hateful as a species underneath all the social niceties?  Maybe it's the moon?  Communication's been bad for me all week as well, can't tell if messages were received or not...my email's been wacky.  I'm hoping the reference request didn't go into spam, I don't want to keep pestering them if it didn't, and they just don't feel like responding.  Still need to get a phone, too.  Tried calling my parents on the house phone, but they didn't pick up, and the voice mail didn't pick up so couldn't leave a message.  I feel like I'm in some weird bubble that I can't communicate through.  That is also stressing me out.

Will try to go get a haircut before choir rehearsal, maybe the singing will help?  Usually makes me feel energized.

Haircut ended up pretty short, it looks okay, just another communication issue, I said 2" off, she took about 8" off.  Oh, well.  I had this same haircut in my 20's.  Was slightly late to choir, we only practiced two songs and then got to leave, still, I felt good after.  I like singing and I like being around these people, so that helped.

Have had the worst bus karma today (happens), if I'd been wearing different shoes, coulda' run, but...for the last one I missed (I missed many) sat and watched the sun set, the clouds opened up appearing like giant wings stretching out overhead, the sky below, orange and pink and gold.  A wind kicked up, strong, but soft.  A half-hour later, my feet rested, a bus showed up, took me half-way home.  Now I'm listening to the drone of traffic like water, and waiting for the wind to blow through the window and make it cool enough to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment