Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday

We finally decided on a scene, Riches by Lee Blessing.  I read a review of it earlier today and the reviewer ripped into "Carolyn" for not having a good reason for wanting a divorce, which makes me just want to make her reasons stronger.  She wants depth, and this is her way of fighting for it.  I was kinda' on the fence with this one (and it's gonna need fight choreography) but I'm getting more excited for it now.  We didn't have our parallel improv worked out, and had to make it up on the spot today, but I think we connected well, so that's a good thing.  (I was thinking that the essential conflict was that I wanted out of the marriage and he wanted to renew our vows, but even as I said that, I figured there was something else going on; I just hadn't found it yet.)  We have to have props, rehearsal clothes, and character prep for Tuesday.  We perform these mid-June, but there's a lot of homework to do on these between now and then.  Acting is a lot more than memorizing lines, it's learning how to do authentically in imaginary circumstances...and that takes a lot of work.

There was an info session regarding the training intensive that's being offered next year earlier in the day.  I would love to do it, but I don't know how I could pay my living expenses and tuition ($10,000), or make it through the audition process.  It's 27 hours/week of class for 10 1/2 months.  But it's conservatory training, and it's a rare program that will train someone over the age of 30.  I'll probably apply, if it's the right path, then I'll find the means to make it happen.  Cannot see it now, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Starting to feel more centered again.  Still tired, but back to actually being able to eat.  Happy to be able to focus on the class once again.  Looking forward to having time to unpack and explore the neighborhood more, but that's not happening in the immediate future.  Learning as much as I can now just took priority for me...it's been second, there's such little time remaining for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment