Saturday, May 3, 2014

Exhausted

Got off slightly early last night from the catering gig, didn't get to see any of the performance though: we were short-staffed so I tended bar and then cleaned up.  That was the busiest reception I've worked, 20 minutes of very friendly locusts.  Came home and tried to organize things for a couple of hours after: now I have a path through my room.  Slept like a rock.  Still, I'm exhausted.

On the way to the choir concert today, forgot where I was when I got off the bus and walked in the wrong direction to the venue.  Wandered, lost, for 45 minutes, at one point almost at the top of Queen Anne, which was when I realized I was going in the wrong direction.  It rained and I was wearing heels.  A couple miles later and I was at the venue, a few blocks from where I got off the bus originally, but in the opposite direction.  That's what not taking care of yourself will do to you.  Feel like I've lost my mind.  (I've lived here for 20+ years, how did I get lost?)  Thankfully, someone drove me home, also, it's pouring now.  Concert went well.  I think nine choirs performed. (Heritage Choir Concert.)  That choir is done until September, my Monday nights are free again.

Going to a show in a short while, hope I don't fall asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment