Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday

One more hoop jumped through: got a head shot done today.  Woke up kinda' stressed out about what I would wear and what I was gonna do about make-up.  Actually called a few places but couldn't schedule anything, this being prom season, so eventually caught a bus up to Northgate and asked a woman at the M.A.C. counter to help me with foundation and eyeliner, which she did.  I hardly ever wear make up other than lipstick, and on occasion, mascara.  Because I don't usually wear it, I feel I look garish when I do, but my housemate thought it looked good, and it photographed fine, which was the point.  My skin was really dry, but they said they will photoshop that.  Had to choose the image right after, it's weird looking at that many pictures of yourself (from the stand point of usually being behind the camera) and then eliminating them one by one until their's only one left.  Ditto of being on the receiving end of being told to move in a certain way.  I don't know if I could be the photographer all day, which is probably why I'm not. The angle is a little odd on the one I chose, but the look on my face was the best of the bunch.  Found a pair of the jeans I like discounted, so bought them and wore those and a tank top for the shoot.  I didn't want to iron anything.

Fingers crossed that one of the letters will come through, one person wrote me back and said, "yes" (reply email made me cry.  It's hard for me to ask for things.  Always surprised when the answer is "yes.")  Now, both have responded.

Am determined to get this book case moved and clear up some space.  Tripped earlier today, and then slipped and almost impaled myself on a drying rack...have accumulated more bruises.  Two more people moved in this week (which makes it more than is actually legal to live in a house.)  That means six people sharing the bathroom...the nine people thing was also stressing me out, eventually just got up some time after 5 am and scrubbed out the tub, because I needed to feel like there was some order to this place (and it needed it.  And I feel I accomplished something.  It looks good.  It looks clean.)

Gonna do my animal observation tomorrow and hopefully get in a long rehearsal.  It was supposed to rain all weekend, but has held out most of the day, maybe it'll do the same tomorrow.  It's the only day I can do it. Think I'll go see a play tonight.  Went with a friend to go see his favorite band last night, I'd seen them once before, and though I wasn't all that familiar with their music, really enjoyed the show.  The crowd around us was rabid.  I'd go see them again.  (Cloud Cult, from Minnesota.  It was a benefit for the teen writing program at Richard Hugo House.  All the proceeds went to the program.  People are doing some great work.  Quiet work.  Art matters.  And witnessing that, gives me some validation in choosing this, over becoming a doctor or something.)

Okay.  Unpack. Oh, three hours?  Think I'll work on the application instead...plus most of my clothes are in the wash.  And this week is ridiculous, once again, should probably stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment