Thursday, May 22, 2014

Glad I read that

Oh, good lord.  Just read the FAQ's for the application and noticed, and then had confirmed, that one of the monologues absolutely has to be classical.  Well, crud.  Have no training, closest I've got is romantic poetry (as far as verse goes.)  Could I use a sonnet?  I'm wary of using a monologue from a Shakespeare play, because I haven't spent enough time with them, and so it would be only words, without meaning.  Maybe I should wait and not apply this year...I've contacted my coach, but...gotta find the time to learn this now, in addition to the performance and everything else.  When will there be time?  And I still don't have a clue about how I will be able to afford to live and pay tuition if I get in.  It's not actually that much money, only that I don't happen to have it.

There are a lot of things I could pursue if I don't apply: film work, improv, the Suzuki class, dance, Shakespeare, auditioning (all of which will be offered in the program, all more intensely and synergistically.)  I don't know. 

On the bright side, only have to locate one of the monologues that I've misplaced:)  And I've realized part of my problem with the scene work is I haven't done enough homework which is a relief; at least that's a fixable problem.

And I suppose another way to look at it (classical monologue) is that it only has to be 45 seconds, and there are Spark Notes (and libraries.)

No comments:

Post a Comment