Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thursday

A friend said she wanted to come see our showcase, and I feel nowhere near a point where I'd want to perform it...guess just more fire under my feet to work more.  I have a lot of it intellectually, though I don't know if my choices are strong enough (strongly suspect the answer to that is "no.")  Hasn't gotten in my bones yet...feel like I'm mostly just reading words, some hit, but not many...maybe it's just that we need more rehearsal, and figuring out where each of us is winning or losing and finding a strong enough reason to fight back when I'm losing.  Maybe we should play that game (winners and losers.)  Maybe it'd help.  Getting off book would help, too.

Got three essays to write by the end of the weekend (for the application) and I can't find the cuts of the monologues I was working on.  Could be absolutely anywhere at this point.  I know I didn't throw them away.  We have to do two, if I get the application turned in and make it to the auditions for the ETI program.  Believe we get 90 seconds.  The timing for the deadline and audition are not ideal, what with getting these scene rehearsals and other classwork done, but that's how it is, I guess.  The application deadline is Tuesday and the audition is eight days later.  I don't know if I can schedule coaching, might just have to trade listening/feedback with a friend.  We have just shy of four weeks to pull this scene together, which both seems like a long time, and also not enough time.  Tonight's my last singing rehearsal until the fall (and it'll be short), so at least my schedule's clearing up for class rehearsals.  We still have to block and add the fight choreography.

The dawn chorus is so loud at 4:30, it's like all the birds have to check in to see who's around, whose turn it is to go find food, who's guarding the nest, what the plan for the day is, etc., each one trying to talk above all the others, and then as soon as the sun has risen, silence: only the sound of traffic (which is constant) and an occasional far off cry of a single bird remain in the air.  I don't mind necessarily, not sure if it's the reason I am also awake in the 4 am hour, but am surprised by how deafening it is.  I have the goal of getting up and doing balancing/centering work to ground myself before going to work, but haven't managed it yet.  So far, when they've quieted down, I've gone back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment