Monday, May 26, 2014

Writing the application

I am at 503 (out of 7-900) words for the statement of purpose.  I still have to write about my "process" but that only has to be about 200 words; I'm kinda stuck on that one as well.  I told myself I could take a break at 500. I'd wanted to go back to Folklife for the singing of Mozart's "Requiem" for Memorial Day, but need to write this.  Might go shoot a head shot if I can find my tripod, I am assuming at this point, that I won't have the other one by the time this is due.  I feel my writing is gushy, but maybe I'm gushy.  I'm not always articulate, but I'm more passionate than I give myself credit for, and if I commit of my own free will (without coercion or guilt) I mean it.  I'm open to letting my life change.

I'm writing about storytelling.  I realized this morning that that's what I want to do, have wanted to do.  I've spent years looking for the outlet. I think I knew this, have possibly articulated it before, but there was a lot of clarity today.  So, if nothing else, good to know.

Another realization is that even though I pursued photography (for years), I'm probably not a visual person. When we do improvs and meditations, I feel things, I get hunches, I get to my characters through kinesthetic means, and through sounds (and singing).  I knew this last year as well (which is why I continued pursuing acting, because that was a wide open door for me, that I hadn't known was available), but it's hitting home more now.  I don't know what my character looks like, I can't see her, but I know how she feels.  And last night, I knew what she wanted.

There's a bird singing outside, and a cool breeze coming through the window.  They are calling to me.  Time for a break.

Here are a couple pictures of a warthog.  I thought it was charming.
Buttercup, May 24/L Herlevi 2014

Warthog, May 24/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment