Monday, July 21, 2014

After Clown

Survived the clown cheer, won the cheer competition...I don't think I won any contests last year (I think it was either because I was loud and obnoxiously pointing at myself, or they wanted to see how I would react to winning.  I also kissed a couple of clowns, on the cheek, at some point, just to get a reaction.)  Still need to work on discovery and exiting.  It's the same as acting.  You enter and leave with presence, except in clown, you acknowledge what you give and receive the audience more so.  You never do anything until something makes you do it.  This is such a good reminder of that, especially when it's just you (me) on the stage facing the audience.  We ran late, but I got a ride home, otherwise, it'd be closer to midnight.  This class is short, only six sessions.  So far, has not been as scary as personal clown.  I think clown helped with Meisner, and Meisner (plus the clown jam) have definitely helped with this class.  I allow myself to take more risks.  Committing more.  At any rate, in class, I don't think about anything else going on in my life: I like that.  And even if it's scary at times (failing) it's a fun way to learn these things.

Everything else? I don't know what to make of anything.  Holding the sweet unexpected moments from strangers close to my heart.

These are from Sunday.  First is a view from Kite Hill, and the second is what our "emergency" snacks were wrapped in.

View from Kite Hill, July 20/L Herlevi 2014
You Are Safe, July 20/L Herlevi 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment