Sunday, July 13, 2014

Beautiful sky

My camera can't do it justice, but we are currently having one heck of a sunset!  The entire western sky is a massive swath of orange-y-pink, beginning to go magenta.  Streaks of rain clouds hanging down high in the air, a few heavy drops falling, but not many.  Something resembling a thin funnel.  (I haven't been able to figure out how to adjust the color balance on this camera, so that the colors are similar to what I see.)  Now the air is cooling a little bit.

Went to the beach earlier to muck about in the low tide.  Didn't actually see much: a moon snail, some juvenile fish, and a red crab.  Got a wicked sunburn on my shoulder (worse on one than the other) and am currently alternating between dowsing it with aloe vera gel with lavender oil, and cold compresses.  I was carrying sunscreen, too.  No excuse.

Oh, now a wind has really picked up.  Maybe a thunder storm?

Here's an attempt at the sky. (Later, not the initial color.  Also, this is through a window.) I wish it would rain.
Sunset, July 13/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment