Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tuesday

Lying around with an achy stomach and enjoying the breeze coming through the window until it gets too hot to stay in the house.  It's 83 degrees out now.  Thankfully, the headache has subsided; woke up with probable food poisoning, called in sick.  Listening to the radio and trying to memorize this monologue and do something with it.  My audition is pretty late, so I'm hoping I will be well enough to go, it's a 20-40 minute bus ride depending on time of day  For some reason, I can't seem to remember my monologue, they sent out other options, so that's what I'm working on.  I re-read the play on the bus last night, and have it partially memorized.  It's one of my favorite scripts from the past few years, and it's in my age range.  I don't know if I have the performance experience to get cast in this part, but it's good practice to audition, and I get another monologue out of it.  I've been thinking about needing to audition and making up excuses (mostly regarding head shots and needing to update my TPS profile) and this came up and I was able to sign up, so I did.  The general advice out there seems to be to do 5-6 auditions a week.  I'll start with this one and learn from it.

Hopefully, I'll be done being sick by then.  That would be memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment