Saturday, July 19, 2014

Saturday night

The people pack up their cars and leave, headlights blazing in the dusk.  It's dark by 9:30.  Winds kick up and rain spits down, uncommitted.  Can barely feel it; but it is there.  The wind blows wood smoke and coolness through my window, fluttering the leaves of Frederick (I don't know what type of plant this is, it became "Frederick" when someone asked me its name on the bus.) Feels almost like camping.  Only wildlife sightings today were a baby crow that landed next to my open window, cawing.  And later, a single bat, the first I've seen this year, circling 'round the opening in the trees.

Feeling kinda' restless.  Trying to sort through all this paperwork I've ignored over the past six months, and then shoved into boxes to move.  It's time.

Still need to come up with a cheer.  I don't even really know how to spell my clown name.  Maybe I should get a new one...though that  process is kinda' tortuous.

Don't think I'll muster up the fight to be the consolation prize.  Nobody really wants to be that. (That's a reminder for me, to get up off the floor and stop settling for crumbs.  If you settle too often, that's what you get.  And you start to believe that's enough.  It's not.)

This is the sky earlier in the week.
July afternoon/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment