Friday, July 25, 2014

New project

Just thought of something I can give myself to do.  I'm listening to this "Sundays (band)" mix on youtube and it's triggering a lot of memories (that have absolutely nothing to do with any song itself, or the time period.)  So, it'd be picture/word/song (or sound).  I might come up with one (I've already come up with one) or I might come up with a month's worth. 

I'm doing it because I get a lot of ideas I never follow thru with, and I need an art project. (It's also related to something someone said to me on Sunday, that if I really wanted to draw - he teaches drawing, among other things - I would.  And I agree with him.  It's made me question things I tell myself I want, want to have or do, that I haven't yet.  I am studying acting. I went to Spain.  So, I'm capable of making things happen, what's holding me back from the other things?  Am I afraid, or do I not really want them?  What's the block?  What am I using for excuses?  Another friend had recently posted a comment about sometimes wishing she owned a home, had nice things, but then followed that up and said she knows where all that money went, and wouldn't have it any way.  I can look back on where I've spent my money and time, not including my job, and I can see where my values were (are.)  No judgment.  Just if I wanted the other things, the long-term security, I woulda' found a way.  And I haven't, so what's been important?  You can look back and see it in your own life.  I just need to own it, without any shame that I'm at a really different place in my life right now than most people my age are.)

To do with nothing, as I was walking off dance class last night, this very large bird dropped out of the sky over my head and into the lake, hanging it's talons down to the water surface, but not catching anything.  At first I thought it was an osprey, but the flight was wrong.  I've decided it must be an immature Bald Eagle (or a Golden Eagle, though I don't tend to think about those here.)  It did the same thing a few more times, not catching anything, long pauses in between attempts.  At one point, it flew over and landed on the high-dive platform.  Must've been a thrill for the kids swimming over there.  I could see them all at the edge of the dock furthest from the bird.  Eventually (10 minutes?) it flew into a tree and the kids went back to the board.

First art thing to follow, don't have an accessible photo at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment