Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Thoroughly enjoying this

Eat, sleep, breathe, and dream "Sweet Georgia Brown;" that's the song for the dance.  Enjoying creating this dance so much more than I thought I would.  Tend to dread things before I do them (too much thinking, not enough action.) The improvs make me nervous though, I don't trust that anything will happen without my making it happen, and it stresses me out.  In the end, it would be fine to just be there if I were truly present, and something would happen.  The point would be to be there and act on impulse.

We've been "given" another seagull baby, the parents must push them off of the roof.  This one is pretty young, still wearing it's fuzzy, polka-dot plumage, though older than the one at the zoo.  It moves pretty fast, at one point it was under my window rustling around, had to go around a building to get there.  It can't fly yet, though it was practicing running and flapping its wings.  Anyway, the Cooper's hawks are also close by, but the gull must have hid itself well: it survived the night.  Have had brief sightings today.

I actually feel good about the audition (cold reading) and I think I read it well, got the gist and flow of the text, though I didn't go bombastic, and I doubt I got cast: I think they went for known quantities, people they'd worked with before (such as the other directors involved...and the call had said something about free sandwiches.)  It was for a festival of shorts, some really good writing, too; would've liked to have worked on it, but c'est la vie.

(It was) an interesting experience: everyone auditioned in front of everyone else.  There weren't all that many actors, which makes it weirder (in a wall-flowery kinda' way) to not be cast in anything.  Did tell someone about the Meisner interviews coming up, and think he will apply.  I make it sound like a cult (when I write about it), which it's not.  I think it made me a better actor, but if I don't get cast in anything, no one but the people who went to our final showcase are ever gonna know that.  Yeah?  Yeah.

Keep auditioning...the promise of "free grilled cheese sandwiches" never was fulfilled.  And I walked half-way home under starry skies working out dance steps.  The music playing only in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment