Sunday, July 20, 2014

Wandering

Psycho-geography.  Spent all day wandering alone, mostly along waterways.  Places I hadn't been to in a while.  No memory triggers (directly related to place.)  Passing an abandoned Metro building, the gate was open I walked in.  Shattered glass, I took a picture.  Memories...I was five or six, it was summer, the streets were deserted except for us.  I don't know how we got there, bus?  Everyone else on duty. Stevie Wonder coming through the window of some building we passed.  Grilled cheese with pickles in the cafeteria, we are the only customers.  Sometimes I want to go back, I don't know what reality is anymore; I dream so much about that landscape I don't know actual from dream.  We drove by the house, to show where we had lived, but it was gone.  Only a patch of lawn remained, a house-sized space between two others.  It didn't make me sad.

Hours later we meet again.  I speak my mind about a show (I've thought about it a lot) to someone involved, he doesn't walk away or get defensive or change the subject or seem to hate me.  Redemption.  And then a while later, a tenuous meeting, another kind of redemption.  It doesn't matter if I see you again, there's a little less to fear. So why you and not him?


Geese, July 20/L Herlevi 2014
The Clown, July 20/L Herlevi 2014
Richard Sera's Wake, July 20/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment