Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Silly

On the bus to clown jam, people were short-tempered and nasty, on the way home, people were kind and complementing each other...perhaps it is the cooling down of the air.

Clown jam was ridiculously fun tonight.  A 2+ hour improv in uninhibited silliness. I haven't had that much fun in ages.  It was so free.  There were only four of us that showed up, one was new, found us on the internet.  I love it when people just show up and jump right in, it's fantastic.  She does balloon events and during the last hour taught us how to make things.  We had already been doing an hour of improv (three on a bench, and this similar exercise where only the first person speaks, and all they say is "alone" "company" "crowd") at that point, but it just evolved into this hour-long-return-to-childhood experience.  What was great about it was that we all went there, and also I felt like I had a lot of idea generation coming up, somewhere to start.  So, I think I've found a way into starting (creating something) work for me: play.  Very glad this was tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment