Sunday, April 13, 2014

After concert

My heart feels like a giant knot, mixed emotions I can't figure out how to release.  I have respect and hope for humanity because in spite of our highs and lows we can do something like this (it's better live):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_rQKiqiQI4

It's not the best recording, but when they all start singing still kinda' gives me the chills. (In the Arms of an Angel, sung by the Soweto Gospel Choir.)  When they sang it tonight, I think there was a little extra emotion, as when this video was recorded in 2013 Nelson Mandela was still alive.  A lot of tonight seemed dedicated to him.  It was a great concert, but coming home the buses were full and not picking anyone up.  Had to walk part way home, the stars seemed extra bright in spite of an almost full moon in the middle of the sky.

I'm still up now because I'm trying to find an assignment that's due tomorrow. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment