Saturday, April 5, 2014

Saturday

Went to another "Incubator" show last night.  Again, just really enjoy seeing what people are creating, I think all three pieces were original works; I didn't keep my program (again.)  Last night had the added bonus of Shellie Shulkin, probably my favorite working actress in Seattle, in the middle piece, Serpent's Tooth, by Susan McNally (who also wrote the play Hearts that I went to the staged-reading of on Monday.)  Shit, she's good.  I found all three pieces engaging, nice emotional transitions for the actors.

On the way to the bus after, I am bombarded with requests for money: a quarter, a dollar, more than I usually am.  After I respond, they tell me to "be safe out there."  I feel an odd heat rising up my legs from my feet, from the pavement (?) I don't know.  I don't feel sick anymore (I was most of the day.)  When I look up, I can still see the sliver of the moon fairly high, which also seems odd, I suppose I expect it to cross the sky quicker than it does, it's doesn't seem all that further along than it did six hours before.  I think the bus is late, but it's only because I looked at the wrong schedule.  It's only a little after 9 pm when I get back home.  I watch a strange and wonderful Italian movie called Le Quatrro Volte about a goat herder who dies half-way through, and then it follows the path of his soul as it inhabits a goat, a tree, and a charcoal kiln.  Essentially there is no dialogue, just everyday life.  And the behavior of the animals is also pretty wonderful, especially the goats.  Such strange creatures.

I have a pile of library material, this was one in the stack.  Going to a matinee on my pass, and then hopefully to a third "Incubator" show, it's sold out, but there always seem to be seats, so I'm gonna get on the waitlist.  Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment