Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday off

Somewhere along the line, I must've become an optimist.  Spent almost two hours visiting at a house last night, towards the end of it the woman mentions that she's pretty sure they are going to ask someone else to move in.  Guess she liked me as a human being?  It was a nice place, apparently not the right one.  Went out and saw another place today, better location bus wise.  Got my fingers crossed:  though I don't see wherever I end up right now as being super long term.  Just a feeling I have.  But I hope they let me move in.  He's meeting people today and tomorrow and then the people he thinks would be a good fit have to be vetted through the landlord...might take a while.

Freaking out a little, but also feel really good this afternoon.  I took the day off and it's a super pleasant feeling to be free on a Friday afternoon.  The sun is warm, the breeze is cool, the sky is blue with massive white clouds pushing across.  The smaller things in my life are working better than smoothly, and I'm grateful.  Now if only I had a place to live.

Spent several hours purging documents while waiting for the oven's self-cleaning cycle to run: I found a shredding service.  Now I'm just waiting for my scene partner to get back to me, but if he doesn't I'm going to go recycle all my old textbooks.  (Again, hadn't known what to do with them, and still was carrying the idea that I was going to use them again.  But I'm not.)  Felt pangs of nostalgia while walking through the grocery store, which is kinda' sad as I'm only moving to a different neighborhood, it's not like I'm moving to another country.  And I always end up liking wherever it is I move to because it's new to me.

I want to get rid of more stuff and I still have the records.  Now that I have a reason to see him, I never do.  (He would not be the person I did the do-over exercise on.  If I needed to, I could speak my mind to him, but I don't need to.  I just want to return the records...and possibly borrow his truck.)

Oh, good (?), no rehearsal tonight.  Going to a friend's thesis concert later, I like his compositions and I need to get out of the house for a while.

The concert was great, mentioned to a friend that I needed a place to live and she said she'd ask around, which is kind.  Came home and contacted more places that have just shown up.  I probably just have to take something that's safe and keep looking for something ideal.  I have been looking for a month.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment