Thursday, April 3, 2014

Read, read and more reading

Am loving Jose Rivera.  Almost done reading Marisol, reminds me a lot of Tony Kushner's Angels in America: apocalyptic, angels, New York, messages, although more chaos, more dystopian, (in that sense, closer to Kevin Smith's Dogma), and yet still with an aching, yearning hope alive.  The will to survive.  To want more, a world restored, maybe balanced.  I want to stage this.  (I read Zoo Story, Albee, last night.  Didn't grab me, I was hoping it might.)  Reading as much as possible, to find out what moves me.  What makes me feel awake and excited to be alive?  Whose writing thrills me?: Kushner, Rivera, Shanley, Mamet (because I had to dig), Auburn (Proof), Jon Robin Baitz (Other Desert Cities), so far, open to more.  Still reading.

In clown group last night, the last exercise we did made me think of Beckett, so I think I'll read him too, though, probably not something we can do for final scenes; just something to build a clown performance from.  I'm finding more "ins," more chinks in the solid wall that made creating something seem daunting and off-putting (because I couldn't figure out how to begin.)

Took pictures yesterday, but was too exhausted to upload them last night after getting home from clown.  Probably need to be eating more, (clown) used up more energy than I woulda' thought, it was less than two hours.  We ended early, partially because I was hungry.  There was talk of dismantling the group, but I hope we can get enough people to show up: I like doing the work (and people find us on line and show up, which is cool.)

I heard back from another place, an apartment, with a woman.  Will check out both places this weekend.  (And get rid of more stuff.  Should post the furniture on craigslist.)

Keeping my fingers crossed that something works out soon.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment