Friday, April 11, 2014

Missed connections

There's something weird about meeting a potential housemate publically when you don't know who they are.  It's like a blind date.  And like a blind date, it's probably the wiser place to meet, get a sense of what the other person is like.  But I was supposed to meet someone tonight, a woman, and she never got back to me, but I had tried to describe myself, and then went to this bar.  I sat there checking everyone out that came in trying to guess if one of them was her, which felt weird.  It's possible she was there, but I have no idea.  Missed a birthday for a friend, too.  But I needed to do this.  I don't know, something about the whole energy of the week has been fairly flakey.  That holds for me as well (homework, house searching, ennui.)

I've decided that the reason I keep feeling sick is because I seem to have given myself an ulcer from all the anti-inflammatories I've taken over the past year.  Have presently stopped.  Should go see someone, I suppose, get a real diagnosis:)  Feel slightly better if I've eaten.  Feel like crap if I go for more than about six hours without eating.

Guess I'll work on Miss Julie.  And move boxes so they are less in the way.  I suppose I should start this house thing all over again.  It does feel closer to the wire now.

Oh, she just emailed me.  Guess she wasn't there.  (I answered her 3 days ago in the affirmative that I would meet today at 6, her suggestion.)  Irritated that I missed my friend's birthday for her, but no longer guilty for slight lateness.  This has come up a lot this year: if you agree on a place and a time to meet, doesn't that mean that you are meeting there and then?  It does to me.  At any rate...hope next week is better.  These are not meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment