Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday, still hopeful

Need to rehearse a lot slower (and need more rehearsal.)  I feel sometimes like I'm just desperately trying to hold on to a speeding train, missing at the beats and nuances.  Intellectually, I know it's a game of chicken, I know every new beat is upping the ante in that game, but didn't hit any of it last night.  Ugh, and I've never been good at the whole sexy seduction thing...practice: I keep getting roles that require it.

Found a place where I could live, maybe.  Tried to be as open in my inquiry as possible, so they at least respond.  (For every ten ads I answer I get one or two replies, I know everyone is overwhelmed, so, I'm trying to stand out more.)  Slightly more rules (which as an adult, I really don't like, though, I understand common courtesy) than I would like to live under (feel like I always have to hide or contract part of myself, which I'm tired of doing), and odd comments on the phone ("a religious fanatic wouldn't want to live here"-I'm not, but it's an odd, random comment not related to rest of conversation, so why mention it?) but still a possibility.  I'll see it tomorrow.  Frees up tonight to rehearse.  The right place must be out there...whole lotta weird (beyond quirky) ones.  (The place with the carcass on the porch, the cold basement room without real privacy for $600...There was a place I really should've turned in an application for, but it seemed like it woulda' been lonely, and I want a more social household.)  Someone called me back, for an ad that's posted now, and mentioned it's better to look in July...um, sure, but not helpful.  I  might have to sublet for the summer.  Oh, my god.  It's a little disheartening.

No comments:

Post a Comment