Sunday, May 19, 2013

Background

Debussy's Clare de Lune is an interesting piece of music to write a play around. I'm not finding anything to grab onto, I'll have to listen again. Bach's Goldberg Variations is available at the library now, I didn't have time to go pick it up, that is at the beginning of the play. Guess since I'm not doing my finnish homework now, I could look up Hell's Kitchen in the 1980s.

Hmm. Well, it's quiet, good for 3 am, perhaps. The night dj plays it for them (us) when Johnny requests "the most beautiful music every made" for us, "on the eve of something that ought to last, and not self-destruct." (Terrance McNally, Frankie and Johnny in the Clare de Lune.")

The background noise of the idling cars sounded like rain. Had to run over and check, I just put my laundry outside to finish drying. The sun is still shining.

Ah, it was the neighborhood where actors lived. Close to the theatre district, and Strasberg's Actors Studio is there, and Studio 54 was also there. The downfall of the Irish mafia had just happened, and it was pre-gentrification. (1987.) I'm writing all this here because I need to find it again.

So, the first part of the night I had a new crush, that I had no desire or need to be reciprocated...now I have none.

No comments:

Post a Comment