Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Traffic

Stuck in traffic. 10 minute bus commute took about an hour. Most of that inching about 20 blocks. Got off and walked. Really late for work. Had a 5-year recognition gift on my desk when I finally arrived, but no one says anything. It'll be a huge relief when I get to the other side of next Thursday, I'm so stressed out about all these projects and tests that I'm not thinking straight anymore. Now have a quiz on Friday as well, Ha! I know nothing anymore! Brain is blank. I spent 45 minutes going over my lines this morning, I think I kept falling asleep, I never did make it all the way through. So far the cold's been pretty mellow, but I seem to be losing my voice which is both amusing and unfortunate (timing-wise.)

Here's Chris Bell singing I am the cosmos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR594Kkxmzg, my first encounter with this song was on a cover single of I am the cosmos/Feel that the Posies did in the early 90's in between release of their own albums, Dear 23 and Frosting on the Beater. Chris died six months after this was released in 1978. (He was also in Big Star, the other main writer, a bit overshadowed by Alex Chilton.)

Traffic keeps making me think of this song: Aztec Camera, Spanish Horses http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AtkJGx-M4c  a recent live version, stripped down to just Roddy and his guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment