Monday, May 20, 2013

Shakespeare

On a non-ranting note:), spoke to someone about taking his non-acting Shakespeare class this summer.  I'll have to see if I can swing it with work, use vacation time. I want to take a Shakespeare acting class next year, but this would be good for language and context beforehand. Plus I'm trying to study with as many different instructors as possible.

"Summer 2013 Four weeks, four genres: the histories, tragedies, comedies, and romances of William Shakespeare, their context, their quarrels, their legacies.The course is designed to expose readers of Shakespeare to the traditions of staging Shakespeare, to explore how productions have historically embraced, promoted, and challenged this supreme writer, to introduce this complex writer to artists of the theatre and to make these texts accessible for the daunted."-from the course description. Plus it's A-term...I am slightly insane, given how the rest of my summer is scheduled.  At least the days are long.

No comments:

Post a Comment