Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tuesday

Mid-term tomorrow. We've missed so much class, and I've been so unfocused this quarter, I have very little memory of knowing any of this information. Have tickets to a music concert tonight, too. Even if I go, I'll study beforehand somewhere in the neighborhood. I'll get more studying done if I don't go home at any rate.

I'll have to get in all my garden volunteer hours in soon, too, I looked at my schedule yesterday and I have no free time from the middle of July until second week of September. Sometimes I'm a bit nuts, but opportunities arose and I took them. (Which is good, as my previous plans are not panning out.)

And when there is "pie in the sky" and "realistic" how do you negotiate between the two? How do you envision what is possible and not sell yourself short? There are the briefest of moments where windows open up to reach the "pie in the sky" and make them attainable, but once those have closed, are there ever second chances? Then again, this is the land of second chances.

The concert was the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, and even though I don't know squat about chamber music, I enjoyed it. The rest of the audience was enthusiastic as well. I somehow got on a mailing list at some point and was asked to volunteer for shows at the theatre, in exchange I get tickets, which is how I've ended up at these shows, and it's a good trade: I get to see performances I wouldn't otherwise, I couldn't afford to go to them, and I get exposed to a wide variety of artists. On the way home, most of the people sitting near me on the bus were reading actual, paper books. Back to studying, I think I have the verbs, now for everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment