Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Doing work that matters

Oh, and it did record. I couldn't see the files earlier, good thing I recharged the battery and deleted the files before returning the camera. Shoulda' listened first, I suppose, to see if the mic worked.

Trudged around SODO last night to go to a party celebrating Co-ops. It was at a really cool warehouse that re-sells building materials. Need to go wander around there again with a camera. There are a lot of art spaces down there, they are easier to get to by transit than I had imagined, so also good to know. (I wouldn't want to wander around alone after dark though.) Another night to get fired-up and inspired about all the great work people are doing in the city and around the world. These ideas and actions so rarely make the news (same with the art) that unless you end up at an event where people talk about it, you'd never know. Meanwhile, we get to hear about some celebrity's clothing options, or if their baby bump is showing...you know, hooray for them, but in the big scheme of things, who cares? I realize it's a distraction, but there are real issues in the world, it would be helpful if people could see something being done to address them, and therefore have some hope, or at least a little less pessimism. We are not all alone in this world. (Off my highhorse now.)

I have a note about Jim Jarmusch on my desk, regarding what the connection is to Finland. (Night on Earth.)

Incidently, more than half of the people I mentioned the vertigo to have had it; most think it's the ear-rock/crystal thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment